My 597th Journal Entry

Hi, Journal!

The 297th thing I love about my boyfriend is, if I say something like, "I just left a comment on my first entry in this list and now I think I should have made that comment into a list entry here so it would count toward my number of things I love about you," he'll say, "I think that's a great idea, honey! You know I love how your brain works, right? Totally do that."

And then if I say, "What if I just have this entry count as doing that and not actually copy the comment here but say I did, so I don't have to do all the work of going back to that entry to find the comment?" he'll say, "Did you look at your tabs to make sure you didn't leave that entry open? You may not even have to search and find it again," and I'll say, "Oh my gosh, I did leave that tab open! So should I just copy it over here right now?" And he'll say, "Into this entry? Why not copy it into its own entry and get even farther in your list?" And I'll say, "Oh boy! That's a great idea," even though it also sounds kinda cheaty to me.

And then later he'll read this and he'll say, "You got most of what I would say right when you were righting this, but I just have to point out that I would have said 'further' instead of 'farther' because further is about extent and farther is specifically about distance," and I'll say, "I know, I almost backspaced and made it 'further' except then I thought saying 'farther' was a lot more like me and you'd like that I said it."

And then he'll say, "I love you so much, Ariel."

No comments:

Post a Comment