My 595th Journal Entry

Hi, Journal!

The 295th thing I love about my boyfriend is that if I'm thinking about wimping out about something (like maybe, "I think I might need to make this list go to 300 things and not 350 things"), he doesn't say I should stick with it and make sure I accomplish whatever it is so I feel good about myself.

Instead he'll say, "So which one is going to make you feel better overall and in the long term -- wimping out or sticking with it?"

Sometimes that's a hard question to answer!

But I love that he always supports the fact that I'm the one who should answer it, not anybody else.

4 comments:

  1. I also support your right to answer that question. But here's fair warning that if you decide you need to wimp out on ours, I'll be finishing it all the way to 350 by myself. That's not an attempt to blackmail you into contributing, because I will love every moment of finishing it myself. I just want you to have the information. Otherwise I can imagine you making the choice and then regretting it when you see me working on the last 50 entries solo. So if you make the choice for our list too, be sure you're not going to end up make yourself feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh. I already worried I would have to wimp out about wimping out on this Ariel's Journal list! Now I feel like wimping out is an even worse idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allow me to help you with that, then: I think you're adorable when you wimp out. Our boyfriend does too. And I'll be delighted to show you that 50 posts on our blog will make me feel like I'm very hot stuff in the girlfriend department.

    On top of which, even if I'm doing the list posts every day on my own, there's nothing to stop you from doing posts there that aren't part of the list, if you start feeling too guilty about your wimpiness. (Which I adore.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh! If you don't already feel like you're very hot stuff in the girlfriend department, I am totally not doing my job!

    SOOOOO HOT IN THE GIRLFRIEND DEPARTMENT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete