My 322nd Journal Entry

Hi, Journal!

The twentieth thing I love about my boyfriend is, he's working at not swearing so much when things bug him. Like, he's gotten really used to swearing at the computer when it does weird things with spreadsheet formulas, or swearing at a game on his phone when it goes wrong, or swearing when he forgets something somewhere and has to go back and get it. Or even if he's playing a roleplaying game or a board game and the dice fall off the table when he tries to roll them. (He gets especially sweary if he tries to roll them and they fall off the table, and then when he gets them and rolls them again, they go off the table again. It seems like that's probably a pretty good reason to swear as far as I'm concerned, but it's maybe even a better reason to roll your dice more carefully ...)

Anyhow, I don't mind the swearing, but he says he thinks it's contributing to him having this overall angry attitude about when things go all crummy or people act some way that they shouldn't.

He doesn't like having a grouchy attitude, and I also don't think he's at his totally super-best then, so I obviously support this. Also, some of the things he's swearing at, basically they're his own fault, so he's really swearing at himself, and I don't think he's someone who should get sweared at, so that's a good reason to stop it too.

With any luck he'll do really good with this, and then a few months from now I'll be able to say the something-eth thing I love about him is how he stopped swearing so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment