My 448th Journal Entry

Hi, Journal!

The 148th thing I love about my boyfriend is watching him read. He has several thinky looks -- a writing thinky look, a working thinky look, and for thinky shows and movies, a TV thinky look. (Also a music-listening thinky look sometimes, but even as thinky as he can be, he still knows that music is more for grooving than for thinkiness.) But his reading thinky look is especially good, because it's more relaxed than most of the other thinky looks. His brain jumps deeper into the deep end when he's reading, I think, and it turns into almost an explorey kind of look. Like the words are opening up whole worlds for him.

Sometimes I ask him to read my palm just so I can see that look and know it's about me and feel like I have worlds inside me.

Only I can't fit very much writing on my palm, so mostly I have to settle for watching him with books.

No comments:

Post a Comment