My 398th Journal Entry

Hi, Journal!

The 98th thing I love about my boyfriend is, sometimes he's dumb in a way I can figure out how to fix. Not very often! But when it happens, it's usually a dumb thing that makes him feel bad about himself, so when I tell him how to fix it, I'm also making him feel better. And that feels awesome!

The 99th thing I love about my boyfriend, which I'm going to go ahead and say now so I can blog about something besides my list when I get to my 400th entry in a couple days (and also which I'm going to say because it's an extra important one and I don't want to forget it by holding it off till tomorrow), is that he won't let me say I'm dumb. He's way smarter than I am, so it's easy to compare myself to him (or to Claire or Hettie or okay, just about any of my yams) and think I must be dumb.

But he doesn't let me get away with that!

And if somebody that smart thinks I'm smart too, then I must be a pretty big smarty-pants myself, right? Well maybe not, but at least I'm not a dumbo-pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment