My 359th Journal Entry

Hi, Journal!

The 59th thing I love about my boyfriend is, he's super-smart without being stuck up about it. Sometimes he says that's because he's been lucky to know people even smarter than him, so he understands he's not the smartest smarty-pants ever. Other times he says it's because he's known people not as smart as him who've made a lot better decisions with their lives and seem to be a lot more in the place they always wanted to be, job-wise or friendships-wise or whatever. (Although not girlfriends-wise because he's made about the smartest decision anybody could on that end of things, right?)

Personally, I just think it's because he likes making people happy, and being stuck up about how smart you are isn't something that a whole lot of people react super-well to.

Anyway, sometimes I say something dumb and make myself feel like a big dummy ... but he never makes me feel that way.

He makes me feel like I must be pretty smart to deserve a guy as smart as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment